What is FINPEDMED?
FINPEDMED (the Finnish Investigators Network for Pediatric Medicines), established in 2007, is a non-juridical joint venture of all Finnish university hospitals (5) and pediatric clinics.
FINPEDMED network includes members as experts from all medical specialties treating pediatric patients and experts from other fields of science. FINPEDMED operates on an open, non-profit service concept to support both academic and sponsored clinical research.
FINPEDMED aims to promote the health of Finnish children as well as that of Nordic and European children by increasing research, development, and registration of new and safe medicines while, however, to avoid any unnecessary trials in children.
The main tasks of FINPEDMED:
- provide expert services
- improve opportunities for performing pediatric clinical trials
- ensure safe conduct of trials
- support academic clinical research
- provide supplementary professional training
- foster expert services
- harmonize joint national operational models
- create guidelines and templates to help serve research
- provide effective and timely communication; hospitals, universities, pharmaceutical industry, authorities, pediatric specialty associations, and national patient organizations.